Adopting a new furry friend is an exciting time, but please remember that a pet is a 10-20 year commitment. They are family members that are expected to remain with their adoptive family for the rest of their days. Be sure you are ready to commit before applying.
1. Check out our adoptable cats and dogs. Decide which furry friend is best for your household and lifestyle.
2. Schedule an appointment to meet our adoptable animals. In advance, you can browse our website, Facebook page, and Pet Finder Listings to see if any pets sound like the perfect match. Keep an open mind. You may come to your appointment thinking you know which pet you want, then fall in love with another!
3. Once you have found your perfect match, complete and submit an application. Applications can be found on our website or obtained in person at the shelter.
4. Applications are then reviewed, including calling references. The application review process can take a few days. We want to be sure our animals are finding their happily-ever-after, not just another temporary placement.
5. If your application is approved, we will contact you! If we have any questions or concerns regarding your application, we will discuss them with you. If you don't hear from us right away please be patient. Our days can be very hectic!
To be realistic, there are instances when a potential adopter is not the best fit for an animal. Be mindful that the staff and volunteers of WOASH know the shelter animals best and want to be sure the best choice is made for their health and safety.
After your application is approved we will schedule a day and time for you to pick up your new family member. Adopters will sign an Adoption Agreement contract and submit the adoption fee. We provide you with copies of medical records and paperwork for the pet.
For cat adoptions, please bring a comfortably sized cat carrier.
For dog adoptions, you are welcome to bring a leash, collar, and/or harness and we can help place it for you.
After all of the daunting human tasks are complete you get to go home and shower your new best friend with patience, love, and adoration.
You are always welcome to contact us at WOASH with questions or concerns. We have a team of knowledgeable individuals who will help you and your pet adjust.
It is also recommended that you contact your preferred veterinarian to discuss concerns and seek advice.